For the past three weeks, things have been crazy! Of course we aren’t complaining, we are thankful for the business. Summer vacations started at the end of May and we jumped full force into June.
Our days have been starting at 6 am, sometimes before if we have to, and not finishing until 10-11 pm. If we should happen to be scheduled for overnights, we just keep on going.
This type of schedule is standard for professional pet sitters. We map out our visits by requested time and location in order to plan our day with the most efficient route. Sometimes though, no matter how much we plan and prepare, things are going to change.
It’s a pet sitters life and things are going to change!
Our sitters are accustomed to the every changing schedules but geesh these last few weeks have been hard to keep up with. We know to look at our schedules several times a day to be sure nothing is missed and here is why.
- Work schedules changed for summer so two of our daily Mon – Friday clients no longer needed walks starting in June.
- Another client who normally uses us two days per week wanted to switch to one day a week. We were able to accomodate but one week into June the client wanted to switch to a different day. Unfortunatley our daily schedule for the day requested was already filled for those time slots so the client decided on a different day.
- Pet visits scheduled for 14 days in June were cancelled because of a family member was hospitalized.
- Two seperate clients requested extra visits be added to their weekly schedule
- A booking over Memorial weekend cancelled because their plans changed.
- New client scheduled less than 48 hours because their sitter backed out.
- Client decided to stay home from work and didn’t need us.
- Another client leaving later for work wanted us to visit later in the day than originally planned.
- Daily client had plans after work could we add on another visit between 3-4.
- Client requested 3 mid day visits for the week but less than 24 hour notice.
- Client called on Thursday to book 3 visits a day starting Fri thru Monday for a last minute weekend trip.
- Client scheduled visits for 7 days but decided to leave two days earlier than planned and needed hour long visits added for those extra days.
I am pretty sure there are a few I forgot to mention. While handling a full schedule of pet visits, it’s really tough to keep up with so many changes Luckily we have a great scheduling system in place. Our clients can schedule, cancel, or change visits online 24/7. It’s also an excellent way to keep track of the changes so nothing gets missed while we are out tending to pets.
It’s life, things are going to change. We get it. Sometimes the changes are unpredictable like in the case of a family member suddenly hospitalized.
There are times though, the changes occur because of poor planning. If you failed to book your pet sitter until the day before you are going on a week long trip but planned your travel arrangements months before, don’t expect your pet sitter to jump thru hoops to get you on the schedule.
To book service, cancel, or change a request, please use our online scheduler. We receive so many texts and calls each day while we are out pet sitting and are unable to schedule the requests until we are back in the office. We do not want to miss your request and want to be sure we have all the information necessary.