When It’s Time to Fire the Family and
Hire a Professional Pet Sitter
We love our families but they really aren’t always the best at taking care of our pets while we are away.
Here are just a few of the stories of why some pet owners had to fire family members and hire a professional pet sitter.
- Mom called to see if she had to walk across the street to our house to let all 3 Scruffys out because it was raining. Would they be ok without going out to potty for the night?
- Came home from vacation and noticed the newspaper still in the driveway. Scruffy had accidents all over the house. My aunt was caring for Scruffy but did not come by on the last day since she was very sick and knew we were coming home later that night.
- My mother who lives with us was caring for the cats and let Fluffy outside. Kept asking mom if she went out to look for her or called her at night and mom kept forgetting. Fluffy was outside for 8 days and didn’t come back until after we returned from our trip.
- Mom and Dad were keeping Scruffy at their house and Scruffy being a puppy chewed up moms shoes, carpet, and woodwork. Mom not happy.
- Our nephew was caring for the Fluffys but did not scoop the litter boxes for 10 days and Fluffys started going outside litter boxes.
- Dad stayed at our place to care for Scruffy but he gave Scruffy table food. Scruffy has a sensitive tummy and had quite a few accidents from both ends. Carpets look a mess.
- Sister was going to care for the Fluffys and Scruffys but husband got scheduled for a business trip and she wanted to go so could no longer care for the pets.
- Teenage niece was spending the night with the Scruffys and Fluffys. She had several friends stay with her and they stayed up all night but slept all the next day not feeding pets in the morning or getting the Scruffys outside.
- Mom was letting the rambunctious Scruffys out and they knocked her down. She wasn’t hurt this time but is now afraid to watch the Scruffys.
Your family means well and they love your pets but let a professional pet sitter care for your pets while you are away. It will relieve a lot of stress and burden and you can enjoy your time away with peace of mind knowing your pets are with an experienced pet sitter.
Have you ever had to fire your family from caring for your pets?